At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
This opportunity is an excellent way to craft and lead the technology teams that are passionate about delivering the data and decision making solutions to our Managed Investments front office professionals! We are asking that your primary focus is on Strategic Asset Allocation, Private and Real Estate investments. If you are looking for an opportunity to build the future and play an active role in a strategic area of our company, this is an opportunity for you!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates technical expertise and leadership.
- Leads the strategy and development of high impact solutions in the enterprise.
- Leads talent strategy and development for our Managed Investment division.
- Coordinates talent and lead budgets for efficient results.
- Establishes business aligned goals and lead the division to meet goals.
- Delivers operational excellence through the development of organizational strategies, engineering processes, and product quality standards.
- Collaborates with the business to understand business needs, strategy, customer needs and market trends
- Acts as ambassador and representative for Northwestern Mutual's technology organization in community and technology events.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 9-14 years professional experience required
- 3-7+ years of experience leading engineering teams including:
- Leading through multiple engineering teams and their respective leads.
- Growing product and engineering skill sets in others.
- Developing future product and engineering leaders.
- Providing direct feedback and performance reviews.
- Crafting tech strategy and growing business relationships.
- Deep data engineering knowledge and broad understanding of the business.
- Ability to successfully communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and all levels of detail.
- Solid understanding of design patterns and architecture.
- Ability to influence teams, technology or business leaders on impactful issues and decisions.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups