At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to automate and modernize data processing in support of key client and financial representative facing applications. In this role, you will partner with data engineers to modernize Northwestern Mutual's enterprise data integration stack. This role requires an agile mindset to take up new challenges and work as a team player.
Core responsibilities will include:
• Develop systems which will consolidate source data systems into an enterprise data view, using a variety of batch and real time technologies.
• Build and maintaining development patterns for use by the data integration organization, such as. CI/CD patterns and monitoring tools.
• Partner with product team to analyze business requirements and functional specifications to design and build data solutions.
• Maintain development best practices to optimize maintainability and supportability of systems through all environments.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
Experience and Confident coding capability in one of the following languages
Experience with following tools/technologies is a plus
• Unix/Linux scripting
• Spring frameworks
Experience with following tools/technologies nice to have
• SQL Scripting
• ETL Technologies
• ELK Stack
What Are We Looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Minimum 5+ years of experience
• Fast learner and self-starter. Need person with a can-do attitude and desire to learn new technologies and techniques to develop and deploy data integration solutions
• Strong technical aptitude and ability to logically analyze and creatively solve complex issues independently
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to multiple levels of the organization
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels throughout the enterprise
• Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with limited set of requirements
• Ability to train/mentor other team members
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups