At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
Provide operational solutions that improve processes and use data and analytics to enhance business decision-making. Partner with business and engineering teams to identify, develop, and implement technical process improvement solutions. Utilize analytical tools and methodologies that help business units achieve key strategic areas of focus. Requires strong technical experience with various process automation tools and/or analytic models.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops lightweight, business application solutions to improve and/or eliminate manual work.
- Works in collaboration with other business, engineering, and development areast to enhance or develop functionalities and tools that improve the efficiency, accuracy, and quality of work
- Provides quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers in order to drive business decisions and address business questions.
- Access, gather, and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into business problems, decisions, and performance. Creates and produces forecasts, reports, dashboards, etc. to tell a story through data.
- Produce practical reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement into current operations, and display root cause analysis of problems.
- Creates forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge. Applies analytics and metrics to improve processes and provide data-driven forecasts that impact the business (costs, risks, etc).
- Summarizes analysis into user-friendly deliverables by translating detailed data into business-appropriate communication and recommendations.
- Delivers results, insights and recommendations (written, verbal, presentations, etc) to business audience to support business decisions.
- Provides consultation to business clients and may participate in cross-functional teams to address business issues.
- Applies new perspectives, creative problem solving, and inter-departmental connections to improve analytical capabilities.
- Takes initiatives to design and develop deliverables based on interpretation of findings and business client needs on a wide range of analytical topics.
- Creates and is accountable for high quality, value driven work that drives business outcomes; places the user in the center of decision making; and collaborates with team for speed, agility and innovation in work.
Bring your best. What the role requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in research and data analysis, application of statistical research techniques, or application development that support business decisions/outcomes.
- Experience implementing process solutions using various technologies, especially Power Automate, Power Apps, etc.
- Expertise in development and analytical tools such as SAS, SQL, MS Excel, SPSS, R or other tools. Visualization tooling like PowerBI or Tableau.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and recommendations in written, verbal and presentation form at an appropriate level for a variety of business audiences.
- Proven excellence in problem solving, research, quantitative analysis and analytical working techniques.
- Strong proficiency and desire for learning new platforms, development, analytic and presentation tools; modeling, analytic and quantitative techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to gather information systematically; consider a broad range of issues or factors; grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems or issues; use accurate logic in analysis.
- Significant ability to use data mining tools and analytics in order to support the initiatives of assigned business areas.
- Ability to generate new ideas and go beyond the status quo; recognize the need for new or modified approaches.
- Competitive base pay
- Pension plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- ….and more
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will offer reasonable accommodations
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups