At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Responsible for program and project management and business operations for Sophisticated Planning Strategies, working in conjunction with the Senior Director – Business Operations, Strategy & Planning, other team members, and broadly across Northwestern Mutual.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently manage wide range of projects and programs in support of team priorities, including leading/coordinating changes impacting the field
- Coordinate and manage team’s field and client facing deliverables, publications, content, education, presentations, promotion plan, and communications. Create, update, and maintain inventory of these materials, partnering with business partners across the organization when needed.
- Identify and build, improve or automate processes and tools to create efficiencies, consistency and maximize talents of team.
- Manage and execute all aspects of operational processes and maintain tools to support these processes. Examples include but not limited to billing, document storage, knowledge management, service intake, team training and onboarding, and work management.
- Maintain and report on data and key metrics to inform management decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and applicable work experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in process and project management
- Strong expertise in multiple software systems including, but not limited to, Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Creative skills and experience designing materials and presentations strongly preferred
- Experience designing SharePoint sites desired, or willingness and aptitude to learn
- Change management experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong organization, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage mid-complexity assignments.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- High degree of personal initiative and motivation
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Please note that this is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups