At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
- Supporting the development of an AWS cloud infrastructure environment
- Partnering with other enterprise teams on emerging best practices, patterns and technology
- Engineering new solutions to expedite and standardize the configuration and management of solutions pertaining to the team
- Re-imagining and re-engineering existing solutions to meet the demand and scale of future customers
- Educating and leading others on how to use cloud services at Northwestern Mutual
- Dedicatedly and continuously examining and improving the effectiveness, efficiency and complexity of our solutions, processes, and procedures
- Strong dedication to security standards
- Fixing and solving a wide array issues across technology environments
- Bridging the gaps between on-premise and cloud infrastructure
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of meaningful DevOps professional experience
- 2 years of public cloud and associated technologies (AWS, Azure, Containerization)
- 2 years continuous integration and deployment concepts (GitLab, Jenkins, change management)
- Able to dissect problems, design solutions, break them down so yourself and a team can build them out
- Can thrive in a team environment
- Strong technical skills closely applicable to our tech stack. A passion to stay ahead of the curve on emerging tools and technologies
- Able to mentor team members and guide direction on work efforts
- Can communicate clearly to a variety of audiences, engineers, business, leaders, testers
- AWS Certifications
- Developed and deployed software applications to AWS cloud or supported AWS cloud as a platform offering
- Developed Infrastructure-as-Code, using Terraform, Cloud Formation, or Ansible
- Managed distributed infrastructure on Kubernetes and Docker
- Familiar with networking concepts and how networking works in the cloud, especially security best-practices
- Applying CICD concepts and services such as Gitlab CI
- Experience supporting enterprise platforms
- Familiarly with mainframe PL/1, Informatica, IBM MQ, and SOAP, are advantageous (but not required)
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups