At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The Business Project Manager is responsible for executing on the operational aspects of home office sponsored projects and initiatives related to the growth and viability of advisor practices. Programs include Private Client Group (PCG), Ensembles, Lead Advisor, any new teaming initiatives driven through the multi-year strategy. This role resides in Career Distribution Services Operations.
- Accountable for building programs and influencing key stakeholders to take positive action and accountabilities for their assigned work.
- Proven track record of ownership and execution, forward thinking and follow-through with an ability to effectively identify and establish priorities on multiple assignments with quality results.
- Accountable for identifying and resolving issues and conflicts to achieving the operational and program objectives.
- Identifies and solves a range of problems in straightforward situations. Analyzes possible solutions and assesses each using standard procedures, developing a recommended approach.
- Conducts analysis to identify the scope and nature of a business and/or system problem. The incumbent is responsible for accomplishing the stated project objectives through key project management responsibilities.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and revising project deliverables. Responsible for gathering and delivering metrics as required by the project.
- At the direction of project manager lead, develops presentations and communications which incorporate a clear understanding of corporate communications theory and practice.
- Identifies alternative options in the development and enhancements for new policies and processes. Incumbent will act as subject matter experts (SME) to build out new processes and systems that help realize efficiencies and cost savings for the division.
- Responsible to manage project risk through the development, maintenance and revision of reports and tracking tools. Using approved methodologies uses all available tools to identify potential problems before they occur.
- Understands the key business drivers as they relate to the projects. Adapts to the various internal procedures and forms close links with the business partner representatives, ensuring that the key issues of scalability, efficiencies and field satisfaction can be realized.
- Effectively interact, negotiate and influences project teams and business partners to provide acceptable solutions and results.
- Acts as a liaison to facilitate an understanding and partnership between business clients. He/she will manage the resources and vendors assigned to their projects by verifying progress and removing obstacles.
- Applies understanding of business priorities and identifies opportunities where technology and innovation will improve or enhance our network office, home office and client experience. Is also able to articulate why technology is important and reinforce the improvements and benefits that will be realized through integration of technology.
- May directs team members to determine the best methods to achieve the projects objectives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Applies agile or other methodologies, as applicable
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Business Analysis, Project or Program management, Business, or related field preferred OR a significant amount of directly related work experience beyond the minimum required for the position.
- Four or more years’ experience/knowledge of business operations/processes to include analysis, documentation, and/or project/support management.
- High degree of personal initiative and motivation.
- Customer Focus / Relationship Building Ability to establish and maintain relationships while providing quality customer service and support.
- Track record of being a team player who is supportive of group decisions and ideas, shares information and accepts responsibility for results.
- Written and oral communications skills with the ability to establish rapport at all levels of the home office and third parties including senior leaders, consultants, and external partners.
- Decision Making / Problem Solving Ability to exercise judgment and discretion when making decisions in a timely manner, often with limited information and under deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize consulting and project work and make the outputs visible and transparent with both the client and key internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of NM Distribution system and field facing business consulting experience preferred.
- Experience with industry practice management and/or Ensemble business model program desired.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We a re an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, Ne w York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Please note: Any wages or wage ranges listed directly on a specific job requisition or posting will supersede corresponding wage ranges listed within Pay Transparency Guide linked above.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups