At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Conducts assessments of the Company’s risk management processes and systems of internal control. These assessments add value to the organization by improving Company operations and compliance which positively impacts our product value and financial strength. Focuses on audits of the Company’s public, private, and real estate investment operations, as well as Human Resources, Actuarial, Third Party Risk Management, and Field Compensation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts as team member on assigned audits, working under the direction of a lead auditor.
- Assesses the efficiency and effectiveness of management’s controls to manage risk.
- Communicates effectively with business to identify control improvements and advise management in crafting effective controls or changes to business processes.
- Utilizes data analytics (ACL, Excel, Power BI, etc.) to perform audit testing and to evaluate, validate, and profile data.
- Prepares clear, logical workpapers and drafts language for control improvements identified.
- Utilizes time optimally to support multiple audits or projects concurrently.
- Demonstrates or develops an appropriate level of organizational, regulatory, and business knowledge.
- Establishes and maintains strong, collaborative relationships within the department and with our business contacts.
- Contributes to continuous improvement efforts in the department.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree (accounting, economics, business, or other relevant)
- Three or more years experience in audit, investment, data analysis, or related business operations.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Basic skills in data analysis to identify data analytic opportunities and to acquire, load, validate, and analyze data.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with project/time management and working in a team environment.
- Proven ability to take care of ambiguity and respond to changing business needs.
- Ability to build rapport and understand internal businesses clients.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory practices within the insurance area preferred.
- CPA, CIA, CIDA, CFE preferred or willingness to acquire.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups