At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. The Career Distribution function is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
The Field Business Intelligence team leverages a wide assortment of sales data to evaluate existing objectives and identify future opportunities. The development and analysis of interactive dashboards and reporting solutions play a critical role in communicating the success of objectives and help to drive a data driven culture throughout the department and the company. Bring your expertise to a team of passionate and analytical professionals eager to learn from you and support your continued growth and development.
Reporting to the , Lead Analytics -Analyst, you have the opportunity to be at the forefront of a data driven culture that is passionate about helping the company make informed decisions through thoughtful research and collaboration. You will have the opportunity to sharpen your skills analyzing the top sales force in the industry for a Fortune 500 company that truly cares about its people.
- Tell a story through data by creating forecasts, reports, dashboards, etc.
- Perform data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and clearly communicate trends to decision-makers in order to drive business decisions.
- Translate detailed data into business-appropriate communication and recommendations.
- Provide consultation to business clients and participate in cross-functional teams to address business issues.
- Take initiative to design and develop deliverables based on interpretation of findings and business client needs on a wide range of analytical topics.
- Embrace continuous learning, curiosity, and ambiguity while sharing best practices with peers through coaching and mentoring around core methodologies, standards and processes.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and recommendations in written, verbal and presentation form at an appropriate level for a variety of business audiences.
- Proven excellence in problem solving, research, quantitative analysis and analytical working techniques.
- Strong aptitude and desire for learning new platforms, development, analytic and presentation tools; modeling, analytic and quantitative techniques.
- Initiative to independently design and develop own deliverables while still being a team player.
- Ability to be responsive to changing business needs, manage and prioritize concurrent assignments, and handle ambiguity.
- Ability to generate new ideas and go beyond the status quo; recognize the need for new or modified approaches.
- Expertise in development and analytical tools such as SAS, SQL, MS Excel, SPSS, R, PowerBI, Tableau or other tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or related field.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in research and data analysis, application of statistical research techniques, or application development that support business decisions/outcomes.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups