At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides the highest level technical expertise, advice, guidance and support to Financial Representatives working in the corporate, bank, and/or large case markets.
- Drives with our CDX partners the design, implementation, and enhancement of all systems that are used for the sales and service of nonqualified benefit plans.
- Serves as a resource to other Home Office departments with respect to sales and service of nonqualified and/or qualified plans and life insurance in the corporate/bank market.
- Recognized as a functional/technical and product expert who provides expertise and consultation to the Field and internal departments.
- Provides sales support to the Field through case consultation with Financial Representatives, their clients, or third party advisors representing current or prospective Northwestern Mutual clients.
- When requested, provides in depth and customized illustrations through inquiry and evaluation of the prospect and case information provided by the Financial Representatives.
- Provides in-depth market, product, and case knowledge and expertise in a specialized field (e.g., accounting) critical to the support of the executive benefit and large case.
- Consults with CDX to direct development, enhancements and maintenance of NGIS/NM Executive Benefit Software system and, with Advanced Markets Operations, the development, enhancement and maintenance of service support systems.
- Acts as a liaison to New Business, Risk Selection Strategy and Actuarial in negotiating underwriting requirements for large non-qualified executive benefit cases.
- Participates in the design and implementation of training for the Executive Benefit software system / NGIS and the Executive Benefits Seminar, as well as product training. Teaches at the Executive Benefits Seminar and other NM schools and seminars (e.g., the Business Markets School, Advanced Sales Presentation School).
- Keeps current on developments and legal regulations that may affect the marketing, design, and sale of corporate and bank market plans.
- Assists Advanced Planning and Marketing divisions in the creation and maintenance of technical and point of sale materials pertaining to nonqualified executive benefit plans.
- Be a consultant to other Home Office departments on special projects and new products.
- In the VP's or Director's absence, represents Specialty Markets as needed.
- Assists in setting direction for project/support objectives within the department.
- Conducts analysis to identify scope and nature of a sophisticated business/system problem.
- Evaluates and selects potential development and enhancements for new and/or existing systems and processes.
- Uses knowledge of Executive Benefits Software and system software to assist IS in resolving complex technical environment issues and in providing implementation support.
- Challenges the appropriateness of current processes and defines benefits to improving the process.
- Negotiates and communicates with business clients and the field to build consensus, sell ideas and influence change.
- Develops strong relationships with business clients to ensure key communications are addressed and expectations are managed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Business preferred or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience considered. Course work or experience in computer technology is required.
- Successful completion of Series 6 license is required. A CLU or FLMI is highly desired.
- Minimum 8 years' experience / knowledge of business operations/processes to include extensive experience in insurance sales or its equivalent in a home office marketing area.
- Ability to independently lead all phases of a departmental project and/or initiatives is required.
- Ability to anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; ability to find solutions for problems that are not well-defined; design thinking perspective.
- Ability to articulate and paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods.
- Consistent track record of establishing and maintaining cross-functional relationships while providing quality customer service and support.
- Ability to build rapport with all levels of the company, field, and/or outside clients through written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to influence change with diplomacy; ability to drive sales while handling risk.
- Ability to lead decision making process through idea sharing and consensus building; strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, exercise judgment and discretion when making final decisions.
- Strong analytical abilities in decision making and strong problem-solving skills.
This position has been classified as a Registered Representative under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting.
Required Certifications:Series 6 - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups