At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Reporting to the Senior Director of External Workforce within Sourcing and Procurement, the Director of Sourcing and Procurement, BPO and ITO will develop, deploy, and manage our enterprise BPO/ITO sourcing and procurement strategy. This role has a broad span of responsibility supporting multiple divisions/departments across the enterprise. This role will partner closely with key stakeholders, including senior leadership, in order to develop, evaluate, and execute BPO opportunities throughout the organization. He/She will provide supply market expertise, summarized insights on NM’s spend and demand patterns, as well as strategic guidance to business leaders through aligning third party opportunities with the company’s strategy, initiatives and plans. This person will be expected to deliver year over year cost efficiencies and savings. This is a high potential role within NM's Sourcing and Procurement Organization and the responsibilities range from building relationships with executives and working with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to drive strategic decisions, to lead business partners to deliver savings while balancing the risk and regulatory concerns.
- Builds strong relationships with business partners to drive Sourcing engagements and increase the influence/role of Sourcing and Procurement within various business teams.
- Develop a BPO/ITO vision and execution strategy for team members and broader functions. Oversee the day-to-day execution of a broad profile of commercial and contractual engagements.
- Influence leadership on best practices, process changes, market best practices, cost savings and value-based opportunities, etc.
- Regularly update executives at all levels of the company on deal status, category reporting and provide continuous written and verbal updates to business partners, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Take an enterprise view to ensure NM leverages its scale with its supply base and assets. Demonstrate strong category expertise, sourcing strategy leadership for assigned areas, as well as change management and optimization of sourcing providers and programs.
- Provide strategic and tactical supplier management best practices and leadership for assigned areas.
- Partner with business leaders to establish supplier strategy. Understand the business, the long and short-term strategies and the supply-base within the landscape.
- Lead projects/programs of notable risk and complexity and develop strategy for execution and implementation.
- Develop business cases with ROI, benchmarks, strategic fit and risk exposure to deals and sourcing events.
- Execute procurement/sourcing strategies, drive standardization of processes and procedures, supplier selection processes and ongoing supplier management.
- Develop negotiation strategies using cost/benefit analysis, should-cost modeling, market research, etc., lead negotiation efforts on purchase agreements and supplier contracts with cross-functional teams to achieve optimum results (i.e. costs, quality, terms).
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Business, Accounting/Finance, MIS, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 7+ years of experience as a strategic sourcing and procurement professional, preferably with a focus on outsourcing, managed services and outcomes-based agreements within the professional services/labor categories.
- 5+ years of experience in leading the development and management of category plans or sourcing strategies.
- Strong technology and professional services negotiation experience.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain cross-functional relationships, influence change with diplomacy, and lead the decision-making processes.
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent research, analytical, problem solving, planning and organization skills required as well as a high degree of personal initiative and motivation
- MBA, MS/ME is a plus. Business Process Outsourcing or IT Outsourcing operations or practitioner experience a plus.
- Previous global deal/contract negotiation, sourcing and deal development, and risk mitigation experience preferred Direct knowledge and/or training in formal strategic sourcing and procurement preferred ISM or equivalent certification preferred.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups