At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Do you love to build teams and solve real world problems? Come join Northwestern Mutual as an Engineering Manager working on our Client Website and lead a team of full stack engineers. You’ll lead a team building and maintaining features that directly impact the lives of our customers. We're looking for a hands-on leader who will help Northwestern Mutual build the next generation of digital financial tools to help our customers achieve their goals.
At the heart of our microservice-based system is a high-visibility account management and aggregation engine written in Java. You’ll be finding innovative ways to scale and extend the platform, creating a best-of-breed experience for our clients, interacting with large investment firms to pull and aggregate data in real-time.
- Experience collaborating with product, design and other engineering leaders to deliver high quality software.
- Experience leading cross functional teams quickly and safely shipping features.
- Skilled at pushing innovation, quality and operational excellence.
- Comfortable with shifting priorities and ability to adapt and prioritize work.
- Passion for the needs of customers and driven to improve the user experience.
- Stellar communication skills, proven ability to communicate both technical and non-technical requirements.
- 6+ years writing software – Java preferred (Java, Spring, REST services, SQL).
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in building distributed systems in a multi-language environment
- 3+ years production support responsibilities.
- Experience building high-volume, high-availability systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and DevOps.
- Be a people manager and technical leader, guiding your team to make sound technical decisions.
- Work alongside product management to prioritize work and reach company goals.
- Participate in hiring process, writing job descriptions, interviewing, hiring and onboarding new team members.
- Write secure, high-quality code and integrate code-review feedback.
- On call production application support.
- Solve complex problems, take new perspectives and innovate on existing solutions.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups