At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What is the role?
As the Tech Lead (manager) for the SRC Servicing team, you will be leading the technical design and solution delivery supporting the applications used by Field and Home Office for servicing the in-force policies. You will also be working very closely with our product managers and business stakeholders to align and prioritize work.
Technologies We Use
- Spring Boot
- Cloud technologies (AWS)
- Provides technical leadership to team
- Mentors, guides and coach engineers within their division for technical and leadership growth
- Recruits, hires and onboards talent within respective department, ensuring the right mix of talent within team
- Establishes, aggregates, and shares team standards and best practices across department
- Ensures production stability, monitoring, and root cause analysis for their products
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years of professional experience required
- 1-2 years technical leadership with or without direct reports
- 4-5 years of experience working with modern engineering tools, languages and practices.
- Experience with Java, Spring, HTML
- Experience with GitLab (desired)
- Proven track record of successfully designing and delivering significant and impactful technology solutions
- Experience developing and leading solution delivery using agile methods
- Capable of communicating between product, engineering, and the business
- Ability to successfully communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of detail
- Leads the team to collaboration
- Ability to collaborate with a distributed team
Nice to haves:
- CI/CD experience
- DevOps experience
- Familiarity with database technologies
- Abreast with modern architecture patterns to guide the team to target state
- Workflow engines (like Flowable, Activiti, Camunda)
- Container orchestration (preferably: Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure scripting (preferably: Terraform)
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups