At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
You will be joining a high-profile, well-functioning team, working on the UI that our financial planners use to help service our clients. You will work closely with design and product to help craft solutions and build features to empower our financial planners. You will work with partner teams in the larger planning group to help create an amazing end to end experience. You will partake in and contribute to an open, collaborative culture where values are shared and performance is rewarded. You will be responsible for helping guide the technical architecture and design of our applications.
- Abreast of current trends, best practices, and web standards
- Understanding of fundamental CSS paradigms and their applications
- Familiarity with front-end CSS frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap, etc.)
- Experience with React/Redux/Sagas
- Experience with build tools (Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, etc.)
- Experience with version control systems (Git, SVN)
- Experience with Sass
- Experience with automated unit and integration tests to support continuous delivery
- Comfort with mobile-first responsive development strategies
- Ability to collaborate with engineers, designers, product managers, and nontechnical team members
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with UI test automation (Webdriverio, Selenium, Ect.)
- Familiarity working in a Unix environment
- Experience evaluating third-party tools and frameworks
- Active participant and contributor to the open source community
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups