At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative, and growing. We are embracing innovative technologies to enable our business to grow at an unprecedented rate and are looking for phenomenal people to help drive this transformation. Technology is at the heart of NM’s Digital Transformation, and we are hiring dedicated software engineers across our engineering organization to deliver on this transformation and help build NM’s future. As a member of our engineering team, you will find innovative ways to develop resilient, sustainable, secure, scalable solutions to build an exemplary experience for our user base while working with a highly collaborative and agile-minded team. You will partake in and contribute to an open, collaborative culture where values are shared and performance is rewarded. More than anything we are seeking to explore and develop novel new ideas in programming and personal finance. Join us at the forefront of FinTech innovation!
- Apply engineering best practices to analyze, design, develop, deploy, and support high-value, high-visibility software solutions.
- Creativity and divergent problem-solver. We are less concerned about which programming language(s) you have used but rather how you think about solving abstract problems with a focus on maintaining high quality code.
- Experience with all aspects of TDD (automated unit, integration, etc.) to support continuous delivery and integration, ensuring software and system stability
- Document and promote code documentation for forward maintainability.
- Be an effective representative for the whole team when interacting with internal collaborators and partner teams, collaborating with other specialists, designers, product managers, and nontechnical team members
- We are constantly evolving and modernizing our systems to stay abreast of changes in the technology landscape. This requires an agile engineering approach, patience, and persistence to solve complex problems, ability to get things done quickly but thoughtfully, and strong engineering skills.
- 1-3 years of experience in similar role
- Collaborate and communicate successfully and effectively with team members. Includes but not limited to: participating in daily scrum stand ups, pair programming, engaging in peer code reviews, and using collaboration tools like Slack and Skype.
- Be a great teammate: contribute to our diverse culture, invent new ways to address industry needs, criticize constructively, make contributions that help improve team processes and the tools (including evaluation of new ways of working to enhance our current state), mentor junior team members, Create and perform code reviews & API proposals for your peers
- Personal accountability for delivering high-quality, flexible code in a fast-paced environment
- Detailed and organized, curious and persistent – eager to find solutions to complex business needs, and not afraid to dig into issues and resolve problems
- Growth mindset: strong desire to learn new things and a willingness to expand and experiment
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or an equivalent field
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups