At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Applies engineering best practices in order to analyze and develop software solutions.
- Develops software using established development and continuous integration practices.
- Utilizes established monitoring and automation processes.
- Conducts code evaluations.
- Participates in setting team standards and best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Familiar with Spring Boot, Spring Batch, JUnit, SQL and ORM frameworks
- Familiar with cloud native software development patterns
- Familiar with AWS services such as SQS, S3, Lambda, IAM
- Experience developing web-based application, their protocols and standards such as REST and SOAP.
- Experience developing solutions using agile methods
- Capable of communicating between product, engineering, and the business
- Manages own time to meet objectives
- Demonstrated critical thinking, ownership mindset and continuous learning
- Able to mentor new team members
- Experience with React would be a plus!
- Experience working as a DevOps Engineer would be a plus!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups