At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Are you in search of an opportunity to grow with an outstanding and multifaceted company? Here at NM we have an excellent opportunity for a Junior Software Engineer to join a company of choice and enjoy the best of both worlds: The great foundation and resources of a growing organization built over more than 160 years, alongside a progressive, fast-paced IT team working with the latest and greatest technology! Look no further we have the opportunity for you!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Applies engineering methodologies in order to analyze and develop software solutions.
- Develops software using established development and continuous integration practices.
- Utilizes established monitoring and automation processes.
- Conducts code evaluations.
- Participates in setting team standards and methodology.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience required
- Familiarity using continuous integration and deployment concepts
- Familiarity with public cloud and associated technologies (AWS, Azure, Containerization)
- Strong technical skills
- Understanding of your business domain
- Able to mentor new team members
- Can communicate clearly to the business
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups