At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
WHATS THE ROLE?
Northwestern Mutual's investment objective is to generate superior risk-adjusted returns while maintaining a well-balanced and diversified portfolio to preserve the company's outstanding financial strength. We are looking for a Software Engineer who will be accountable for assisting in the operations of data solutions used to support Managed Investments. The ideal person for this role will have software engineering experience, passionate about data, delivering superior customer service, and is continuously looking to improve themselves and team!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Applies engineering standard methodologies in order to analyze and develop software solutions.
- Develops software using established development and continuous integration practices.
- Utilizes established monitoring and automation processes.
- Conducts code evaluations.
- Participates in setting team standards.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years professional experience required
- Can communicate clearly to the business
- Familiarity with the financial instruments (equities, fixed income, and derivative instruments) and their core data structure
- Familiarity with public cloud and associated technologies
- Familiarity using continuous integration and deployment concepts
- Able to mentor new team members
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups