At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for developing and managing software services and applications that deliver the learning experience for our financial representatives. This also includes handling back-end integrations to third-party vendors, internal data stores, and the implementation of internal logic such as business rules and data access controls. Deployment environments include both internal environments and AWS cloud.
1) Apply engineering best practices in order to analyze, design and develop deploy and support software solutions, and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
2) Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices; establish monitoring and automation processes.
3)In a DevOps environment, you move between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in those around you.
You will have the opportunity to make a difference that drives change. You will be working with latest technologies and utilizing best practices for developing applications in a dynamic agile environment.
- 3–5 years professional application development experience
- 3+ years professional Java or NodeJS experience
- 1+ year professional ReactJS, HTML5, CSS experience
- Fast learner and self-starter.
- Strong problem-solving skills
Nice To Have:
- Full-stack developer experience.
- Cloud (AWS) development experience
- Containerized development experience (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience designing microservices
- MySQL or another relational database experience
- NoSQL or another non-relational database experience
- Experience working on a Scrum/Agile team
- Experience with DevOps processes and tools to build and deploy application
- Familiarity with SCM tools (GitLab)
- CI-CD tools (GitLab CI)
- Experience with TDD practices and browser test automation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups