At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What’s the role?
We are looking for an ambitious and talented software engineer to join the Field Rewards team at Northwestern Mutual.
What you'll do:
You will be building new insurance compensation and rewards platforms that deliver value to our field force. The ideal candidate has a strong grasp of Object-Oriented Programming in Java and experience using the Spring framework. Engineers at NM are empowered to pick the right tools and technology stack to fit their needs. The team is using the following technologies to build software: Java, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab, Jira. You will be working on high visibility efforts that directly impact our Field Force. You and the lead engineer will partner closely to design and implement systems and features as well as mentor junior developers.
What we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate has a strong grasp of Object-Oriented Programming, 1-3 years of experience in Java, experience using the Spring framework, and is comfortable working with relational databases.
Skills required to be successful in this role:
- Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Batch
- Relational Databases (DB2, Sybase, MySql, MS SQL Server)
- ETL Experience (Informatica, SSIS)
- Linux/Unix & shell scripting (bash)
- CI/CD experience (we use gitlabCI)
- Automated testing: unit, integration, regression
Additional skills & experience desired:
- Reporting (Business Objects, Power BI, SSRS)
- IBM Websphere
- messaging technologies like IBM MQ, Kafka, Mule
- Previous experience in the Financial Services sector (investments, insurance, banking, payroll systems)
- Knowledge of GIT Workflow
- Experience with Agile (with large teams)
- BS in computer science, engineering or an equivalent field
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups