At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Ability to analyze, design, develop, and deploy web apps and micro services hosted within AWS Cloud Infrastructure
- Comfortable with Unit Testing and Integration Testing and Best Practices
- Experience with RDMS & KV stores
- Experience working in AWS. Experience building robust and easy to consume RESTful APIs
- Self-motivated and driven. A team player that effectively works well with other engineers, product owners, and non-technical roles
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
What you’ll get to do:
- Build day-to-day like a startup – incrementally and iteratively – but with the security and resources of an enterprise budget.
- Release to production early and often – you won’t be working on a product for a year before it sees the light of day; we believe in MVPs.
- Work with talented, mission-driven, fun-loving team who values your input and your individuality
- Advocate for technology solutions
- Mentor teammates on topics your demonstrate as your strengths
- Using a modern tech stack, deliver a high value enterprise account servicing platform used by our underwriters in the home office
Further impress us with:
- AWS experience with platform services
- Advocate of test-driven development, with experience using unit testing frameworks such as Jest
- Experience designing and implementing product admin systems
- Familiarity with DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Ansible/Terraform)
- Strong front-end tool belt (such as React/Redux, hooks, Saas)
- Knowledge of engineering best practices, including analyzing, designing, developing, deploying, and supporting software solutions and infrastructure
- Knowledge of Insurance and Investment account domain (Life Insurance products, Annuities, Long Term Care, Disability Insurance, Investments)
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision, 401 (k), and pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Commitment to Innovation
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups