At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
As a Software Engineer on our team, you will apply engineering standard methodologies in order to analyze, develop, test, deploy, and support software solutions. You will use test driven development and continuous integration practices, and help to establish monitoring and automation processes. You conduct code reviews, and help to set team standards and best practices. Within an agile, collaborative team environment, your positive attitude and determination helps to bring out the best in those around you. You will participate in exciting efforts to modernize mainframe legacy code.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of Java programming language
- At least 1 year experience with mainframe tools and languages including PL/I or COBOL, JCL
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years professional experience required
- Familiarity using continuous integration and deployment concepts
- Strong technical skills
- Understanding of your business domain
- Ability to communicate clearly to business partners
- Ability to mentor new team members
- Continuous growth mindset, ability to learn
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Node.JS
- Experience writing and consuming RESTful API's
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups