At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We are seeking a developer skilled in a variety of modern full stack technologies to assist in design and implementation of the application and perform in a Dev Ops capacity for the team.
Develop, test, and deploy business functional changes for a new Info Sharing application architecture in a modern AWS tech stack. Having a Strong focus on implementing AWS solutions, provisioning AWS infrastructure, and performing as the primary Dev Ops role the team.
With an additional focus of preparing and updating documentation as appropriate to record business functional requirements, application architecture and design, deployment processes, and operational checkouts.
Including requirements gathering and analysis from product and business partners, data and functional analysis and implementation, unit testing and maintaining code quality metrics.
5 years minimum experience required (5-7 recommended).
What are the must haves for this role?
- A minimum of five years of professional client-server application and web development experience is required
- Strong Node/JS skills (3+ years experience), React experience a plus
- Strong Java skills (3+ years experience)
- Strong Dev Ops skills, specifically with the AWS tech stack
- Proficient with Git repositories, e.g. GitLab and GitLab CI
- Proficient with RESTful protocols, e.g. knows how to use Postman
- Proficient with DB technologies, SQl and noSQL
- Understanding of security and compliance principles and implementations
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and receive and provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical and non-technical staff
- Passionate about creating and maintaining high-quality architecture, configuration and code, and deployment processes.
What are the nice to haves for this role?
- Understanding and prior experience working in a Scrum based project team
- Experience with Jira, SonarQube
- Experience with Checkmarx, Twistlock a plus
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups