At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
This position is for an engineer in the Finance and Risk space. We support our Controllers (GL/Tax/Reporting) Risk, Budget and Vendor Management areas. Our group of engineers are solving big data problems with cloud based solutions that mine data and combine it with modern analytic tools that are either created in-house or vendor based. Prepare to develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices; establish monitoring tools and automation processes
- Applies engineering best practices in order to analyze and develop software solutions.
- Develops software using established development and continuous integration practices.
- Utilizes established monitoring and automation processes.
- Conducts code evaluations.
- Participates in setting team standards and best practices.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years professional experience required
- 1-3+ years of experience working with modern engineering tools, languages and practices
- Familiarity using continuous integration and deployment concepts
- Experience working with ETL Tools
- Familiarity with public cloud and associated technologies (AWS, Azure, Containerization)
- Strong technical skills
- Can communicate clearly to the business
- Demonstrated critical thinking, ownership mindset and continuous learning.
- Experience using agile methods
- Solid understanding of design patterns and architecture
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical and non-technical teams to drive business outcomes
**Remote Options Available**
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups