At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
As a technical, hands-on Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) your job is to participate in the manual & automation testing of our mobile based application. You will be under the guidance of a Principal SDET of a team with an already-established, mature testing process. Your role will be that of a "full-stack" QA Engineer - someone who has a strong appreciation and skill in software engineering with the capability of writing manual & automated and performance tests (time and training is allotted after hiring to learn our tech stack and frameworks).
Our Tech Stack: Node.js, webdriver.io, Mocha, Chai, Cucumber, GitLab, Sauce Labs, Applitools, K6
- Contribute to an agile team by driving user story analysis and feature grooming, designing and developing thorough test scripts
- Automated manual test data creation process by building custom API Routes
- Proven experience on writing complex API tests which interface with upstream services or databases
- Design and implement manual test suites by writing test plan/test cases / etc
- Attend and contribute to sprint planning and take ownership of testing responsibility to ensure successful product releases
- Design, implement and maintain cross-platform test automation scripts
- Maintain the functional test portion of the Continuous Integration pipeline
- Develop and maintain BDD test scenarios and regression plans
- Participate in full test development life cycle including requirements analysis and design
- Work with developers to provide additional research and debugging of issues when more information is needed to resolve problems
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- 6+ years of QA Engineering experience
- 4+ years of professional experience as a QA Automation Engineer working in an agile environment
- 4+ years of mobile Testing Experience (iOS/Android)
- 2+ years of RESTful services automation experience
- Strong analytic and debugging skills
- Thorough understanding of QA concepts, STLC, SDLC, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
- Demonstrated experience in automating tests with using JS, Java, Python or other languages
- Solid understanding of different element locator strategies and the ability to write custom XPath, CSSPath
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, REST APIs, JSON, RDBMS, XML/YAML. XCODE, ANDROID STUDIO
- Experience with Git, Jira
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups