At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual our digital platform experience is looking to expand on a new business event-hub capability to ease sharing various events across multiple teams, perform aggregation, analytics and more. Engineers at NM are empowered to pick the right tools and technology stack to fit their needs. We use the following technologies to build software: NodeJS, React, TypeScript, Swagger, Kafka, AWS Dynamo/Aurora/RDS, Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab, Jira.
- Fast learner and self-starter. The people you will work with are exceptionally kind and extremely willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you have to be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen.
- Technical, must enjoy getting your hands dirty above and beyond the Java platform.
- Experience with Java and/or node.js
- Strong sense of ownership and the drive to seek cross-team projects.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal direction,
- Effective communication skills: explain technical solutions to both engineering and non-technical teammates.
- Work collaboratively on creative solutions with engineers, product managers and designers in an agile like environment!
- Bring new ideas and new ways of solving problems to the team!
Education / Professional Experience
- 2+ years of professional experience with NodeJS (and/or Java)
- Experience building, operating highly available data-integration services and message queues
- Experience with writing secure REST services, web-sockets and clients
- 2+ years working with databases (Relational, and NoSQL)
- Familiarity with front-end development stack (React, Swagger, Webpack)
- Familiarity with public cloud and associated technologies (AWS, Azure, Containerization)
- Familiarity using continuous integration and deployment concepts
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, matching 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Commitment to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups