At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The Social Media Community Manager plays a critical role in driving awareness of Northwestern Mutual’s brand in the marketplace through the planning, publication, management, and performance reporting for organic and boosted social media efforts!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand Social, this role will be essential in the ongoing transformation of the company’s social presence, with a focus on delivering robust content to key audiences across NM’s existing social architecture. In addition to channel management and support, this role will also assist in creating the strategies around real-time marketing, user generated content, social customer service, and social storytelling. The ideal candidate is a creative marketer with a passion for social media platforms, content development, and connecting with our customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Manage the posting cadence for Northwestern Mutual across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest, including partnering with a team of social strategists, copywriters and designers, external agencies, and our compliance team to create & vet all outbound social posts
Drive a daily social posting schedule, using Sprinklr, our social media management tool
Proactively engage with inbound comments, helping our customers to find answers to their questions from departments across the Home Office and Field
Utilize social listening to discover untagged mentions relevant to our brand as well as real-time marketing moments that provide a way-in for culturally relevant social trend participation
Monitor and report on the effectiveness of our community and of social media content and campaigns
Liaise with key internal partners to relay customer feedback insights gained from online conversations within the community
Work alongside the social media manager to generate new ideas for social content to drive communications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications or a related field
- 1-3 years of professional experience in related positions (such as brand marketing, digital marketing, social media or content marketing)
- Previous experience managing social channels for a business or agency clients
- Proficiency in Sprinklr or other enterprise social media management tool. Sprinklr certification is a plus.
- Financial services or experience in a regulated industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, related tactics and strategies that generate leads and positive impressions. A desire to continuously innovate as platforms and capabilities evolve.
- A creative, entrepreneurial spirit who is self-motivated and constantly seeking out and finding opportunities to drive the business forward
- Customer service mentality, and a drive to help our customers who reach out via social media channels with questions or concerns
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express sophisticated ideas, results and areas of opportunities (both verbally and written) in English. Bilingual or multilingual applicants encouraged.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, with a demonstrated record of partnering and influencing cross-functional teams
- Ability to navigate complex compliance concerns
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups