At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference. Our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is a strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
At Northwestern Mutual, we want to be at the center of our clients’ financial lives. The Shared Business Services Team in Career Distribution is a strategic partner to the field that extends capabilities, grows capacity and enables change. The Service Development Consultant role is responsible for design, development and improvement of service offerings to the field. Bring your strong business analysis and process skills to work in partnership with subject matter experts and the field to solve complex business challenges and meet strategic objectives.
What's the role?
- Identify, design, develop, and improve shared business services for financial advisors in the field as part of their practices with client building, sales, and servicing.
- Apply understanding of business needs and priorities in an agile team and delivery model across the field and various home office departments.
- Define the current and future state capabilities and deliver action plans to address the gap.
- Analyze business processes and systems to identify improvement opportunities, build new capabilities and/or ensure ongoing alignment between services and technologies.
- Work closely with subject matter experts and the field to identify impacts to roles, processes, technology, business rules, and economics to recommend and implement solutions that solve complex business challenges and meet strategic objectives.
- Author user stories and lead requirement gathering, testing and creation of training materials.
Bring your best! What the role requires:
- Bachelor's degree and five or more years of experience solving problems in business operations, complex processes, sales/distribution organizations, new products or other related industry.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adjust to changing business needs by effectively leading and prioritizing large or complex concurrent assignments.
- Ability to rise above outmoded practices and solve problems in newer, better ways in a team environment.
- Shown ability to identify and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders and influence without authority across all levels in the organization.
- Strong background in business analysis, including demonstrated experience in process mapping and improvement.
- Knowledgeable in current policies, practices, and ability to anticipate future trends affecting the business unit from people, process, and technology perspectives. Knowledge of Continuous Learning Improvement or Lean Concepts and tools preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including facilitation; ability to deliver information, well-organized documentation, and presentations.
- Knowledge of Northwestern Mutual's financial planning process, products or field operations preferred.
- Competitive base pay!
- Pension plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups