At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference. Our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is a strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
Responsible for engaging and handling leads from initial interest through on-boarding to FPS. This includes managing consultant request from a variety of sources and the relationships with field offices and the Distribution Performance Team to drive adoption of Financial Planning Services.
What's the role?
Handles leads and consulting requests from a variety of sources including advisors, network offices and the Distribution Performance Team from initial interest of FPS through on-boarding.
Communicates the full range of support offered through all service models and accurately assesses which service model the subscriber should be aligned to.
Applies planning and/or investment knowledge in discussions on FPS services with network offices and advisors.
Integrates standard methodologies and knowledge to discuss with advisor(s) how to fit FPS into their practice and agree on expectations.
Interprets the needs of the advisor based on research, creates, and carries out a tailored on-boarding experience for FPS, PCG and high-profile advisors based on need and profile.
Partners with service development and operations to assess and meet field demand and improve the field experience based on field feedback.
Uses a customer and subscriber centric lens to define and execute on improvement opportunities regarding the end-to-end lead to on-boarding experience.
Perform analysis on feedback, data and insights to identify trends and opportunities for improving the lead through onboarding experience and makes changes to the processes based on feedback.
Bring your best! What the role requires:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Business or related field; or related work experience beyond the minimum required.
- Minimum of Four years of experience/knowledge of business operations/processes to include analysis, design, documentation, using industry standards.
- Strong ability to cultivate relationships; ability to effectively influence and negotiate with internal and external partners.
- High degree of personal initiative and motivation
- Demonstrated flexibility to adjust to changing business needs by effectively leading and prioritizing concurrent assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve critical issues through effective problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including facilitation; ability to deliver information, well-organized documentation, and presentations.
- Knowledge of NM Distribution system, financial planning process, products, or field operations preferred.
Agile Methodologies - Intermediate
Analytical Problem Solving - Advanced
Business Development - Intermediate
Complex Negotiations - Intermediate
Cross-Functional Partnerships - Intermediate
Customer Service - Advanced
Data Integrity - Advanced
Developing Standard Operating Procedures - Intermediate
Financial Analysis - Advanced
Financial Planning - Intermediate
Handle Confidential Information - Expert
Influencing Without Authority - Intermediate
Process Improvement - Advance
Regulatory Compliance - Intermediate
Workflow Optimization - Basic
- Competitive base pay!
- Pension plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups