At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's The Role?
Our Sr. Analytics Analyst will provide quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers in order to drive business decisions and address business questions.
How You'll Do It:
- Access, capture, and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into business problems, decisions, and performance.
- Create and produces forecasts, reports, dashboards, etc. to tell a story through data.
- Produce useful reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement into current operations, and display root cause analysis of problems.
- Create forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
- Apply analytics and metrics to improve processes and provide data-driven forecasts that impact the business (costs, risks, etc).
- Summarize analysis into user-friendly deliverables by translating detailed data into business-appropriate communication and recommendations.
- Deliver results, insights and recommendations (written, verbal, presentations, etc) to business audience to implement business decisions.
- Provide consultation to business clients and may participate in cross-functional teams to address business issues.
- Apply fresh opinions, creative problem solving, and inter-departmental connections to improve analytical capabilities.
- Take initiative to design and develop deliverables based on interpretation of findings and business client needs on a wide range of analytical topics.
- Create and be accountable for high quality, value driven work that drives business outcomes; places the user in the center of decision making; and collaborates with team for speed, agility and innovation in work.
- Embrace continuous learning, curiosity, and ambiguity.
- Shares standard processes with peers through coaching and mentoring around core methodologies, standards and processes.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or related field.5+ years of progressively responsible experience in research and data analysis, application of statistical research techniques, or application development that support business decisions/outcomes.
- Expertise in development and analytical tools such as SAS, SQL, MS Excel, SPSS, R or other tool. Visualization tooling like PowerBI or Tableau.
- Proven ability to deliver results and recommendations in written, verbal and presentation form at an appropriate level for a variety of business audiences.
- Proven excellence in problem solving, research, quantitative analysis and analytical working techniques.
- Strong proficiency and desire for learning new platforms, development, analytic and presentation tools; modeling, analytic and quantitative techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to gather information systematically; consider a broad range of issues or factors; grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems or issues; use accurate logic in analysis.
- Initiative to independently design and develop own deliverables while still being a team player.
- Ability and desire to mentor other team members through projects independently, from start to finish.
- Ability to be responsive to changing business needs, manage and prioritize concurrent assignments, and handle ambiguity.
- Significant ability to use data mining tools and analytics in order to support the initiatives of assigned business areas.
- Ability to generate new insights and go beyond the status quo; recognize the need for new or modified approaches.
- Strong customer / client orientation.
- Strong analytical capability with ability to meet deadlines.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in C alifornia, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Please note: Any wages or wage ranges listed directly on a specific job requisition or posting will supersede corresponding wage ranges listed within Pay Transparency Guide linked above.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups