At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What’s the role?
As a technical, hands-on Senior Test Engineer, your job is to participate in the testing (including automation) of various components and microservices of applications that is highly integrated with Risk Product Administration.
You will be under the mentorship of a team with an already-established, mature testing process. Your role will be that of a "full-stack" Sr Test Engineer - someone who has a strong appreciation and skill in manual/automation testing. As you test the product, you will work to automate key workflows at the UI and API levels, as well as help work on CI/CD templates to run these different tests.
- Define, develop and evolve your test strategies to guide test design and execution
- Build the test scenarios, test cases and test data for each story or ticket
- Lead product release testing and help with release process
- Work with developers to provide additional research, helping them debug and resolve issues.
- Manage and automate end-to-end (UI/API), regression and performance tests.
- Triage and communicate across teams, when necessary, to coordinate and execute all test activities to ensure timely, orderly test execution.
- Develop useful test coverage documentation.
- Track bugs and confer with developers or functional resources to prioritize for resolution.
- Experienced with testing in an Agile environment.
Your general milestones will be the following:
- Understand Application, Business workflows and data flow. Learn Automation Framework
- Execute manual test and existing automation suite
- Build new Automation scripts.
- Review test results of daily automation run and report issues
Up to three months:
- Independently automate test scripts
- Build all required test artifacts for various Metrics Report Defects and related reports
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- 6+ years of experience with web-based application testing
- 4+ years of Automation test case creation, test execution and results reporting experience required
- API Manual Testing experience using Rest API & Postman & API Automation testing required
- Experience of testing cloud AWS will be a plus
- Experience with Jira and Xray or similar test management suites a plus
Leadership: The Senior Test Engineer is a leader within the testing team with the expectation to guide and mentor more junior team members. This includes participating in test report debrief meetings, overseeing the testing performed by junior testers, mentoring their technical educational activities, and freely sharing knowledge and testing techniques.
Our Tech Stack:
Node.js, webdriver.io, Cucumber, GitLab, Sauce Labs, K6
- Tons of room for career growth! We are at the beginning and the team will be growing - leadership positions are there for the taking if you show the desire.
- Highly technical and hardworking fellow test engineers. We care a lot about what we do and are very active in local meetups and love new insights.
- Flexible work schedules
- Career and leadership development programs
- Life and disability income insurance
- Competitive salary and outstanding Benefits- paid holidays and generous paid time off, medical benefits, retirement plans, volunteer opportunities, and more!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups