At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The database/Business Intelligence infrastructure engineering team is responsible for providing stable, secure, and automated business intelligence platforms for the enterprise to use in application deployments. This includes key data movement technologies like informatica PowerCenter, power exchange, Data Quality, Qlik and others. As an engineer within the team, you will leverage your on-prem /cloud infrastructure and vast business intelligence solution knowledge to build solutions which will improve our platforms and their capabilities.
While your knowledge and skillsets will focus on Informatica, you will need to have a strong understanding of infrastructure, including the tools for implementing infrastructure as code, monitoring and alerting, and security. To properly support the priorities and overall vision of the enterprise, you will need to be able to help define long-term strategies and objectives within our on-prem and cloud data integration environment which fit into the overall enterprise vision. Your ability to work as a collaborative team-member and lead through ambiguity will be critical to a successful delivery. A willingness to relentlessly learn and improve yourself, and those around you, is an important part of the position.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in in Informatica PowerCenter systems Administration
- Experience with Power exchange and Data Quality
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with the Informatica
- Scripting/coding knowledge – Korn Shell, Ansible, Python
- Proficient in working with source code management tools such as GitLab as well as building/maintaining CICD pipelines
- Experience with real time data movement tools like Qlik is preferred
- Experience with Business Objects or SAS administration is preferred
- Knowledge of other AWS infrastructure technologies outside of databases is preferred
- Apply engineering standard methodologies to analyze and develop software solutions
- Proficiency in DevOps and Agile principles
- Leverages established coding standards, best practices, and automation capabilities to develop solutions to support our users
- Identify technical problems and develop software solutions and automation capabilities
- Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration and continuous development pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code frameworks (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automation and how to apply it with services such as Gitlab CI, Jenkins, CodePipeline, or Circle CI
- Understanding of certificates, firewalls, vulnerability management, authentication, and authorization
- Ability to assist in security audits investigations, evaluating evidence, developing responses and action plans, and making appropriate modifications to technology, processes, and documentation.
- Ability to set priorities for scope, risk and quality of technology solutions to meet business needs
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and solutions across all levels of the organization
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups