At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What will you be doing?
- Develop, maintain and complete disaster recovery / redundancy strategies.
- Subject Matter Expert of one or more technology Domains
- Partnering with vendors and enterprise teams on emerging best practices, patterns and technology.
- Proactively learn emerging platforms and related technology.
- Ability to solve complex technical issues and enable/teach peers to be self sufficient.
- Establish and maintain best practices as it relates to compliance, security, privacy and legal requirements.
- Anticipate deviations from standard practices and find practical ways to move forward.
- Closely follow industry trends relevant to your domain and understand how to apply them to your work as appropriate.
- Break down complex problems into smaller, more manageable ones, and help others to do the same.
- Understand what tools are available and useful for your domain, how they work, and the sorts of situations and problems for which they're useful. Use them effectively and teach them to your teammates.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years professional experience as a Systems Engineer
- Virtualization: VMware ESXi, vCenter, vROPS, vRO, NSX-T and vRA
- Scripting (YAML, Python, powershell and java script)
- VMware Horizon VDI
- Window servers and/or Linux OS management.
- Monitoring and performance management of systems
- Virtualization and containerization
- Networking knowledge
- Automation (Jenkins, Terraform, GitLab CI, and Ansible)
- Experience with CICD concepts, and tools, branching strategies and using knowledge to assist in delivering an infrastructure as a product.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills within area of expertise and proven troubleshooting in adjacent domains.
- Solid grasp of traditional or cloud computing technologies including Networking, Compute, Storage, Development, Data, Operations, or Security.
- Experience with multiple delivery methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow or equivalent ticketing system.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
Beyond base salary, NM offers the following benefits; pension, 401k, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision, FREE lunch, annual bonus opportunity, and much more!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups