At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
This role will be responsible for owning the administration, support, and expansion of the IBM z/OS mainframe operating system environment central to Northwestern Mutual business critical systems.
This role is for a z/OS systems programming generalist with experience in a parallel sysplex environment. The candidate will have experience in most of the following areas: z/OS systems, Unix Systems Services, mainframe networking, DFSMS, ISV software, and disaster recovery procedures. Implementation of additional platform resiliency solutions will be a key part of this important function. This individual will be working very closely with other systems engineers, operations team members and application developers to ensure application performance and availability targets are exceeded.
We are seeking an accomplished engineer with knowledge and a passion for infrastructure and integration.
Bring Your Best! The preferred candidate will have solid experience in most of the following areas:
- Employment Experience: 6-8 years
- z/OS internals
- z/OS Parallel Sysplex
- Unix Systems Services
- ISV software product installation, maintenance, and support
- BMC Automation
- BMC Mainview, CMF, RMF, WLM performance monitoring and tuning
- IBM Utilities
Additional experience in these areas are a plus:
- CICS, DB2, MQSeries
- Agile project management methodology
- Fast learner and self-starter. The people you will work with are incredibly talented and extremely willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you must be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen.
- Work collaboratively on creative solutions with product owners and other mainframe teams.
- Bring new ideas and new ways of solving problems to the team.
- Must possess good communication skills and mentor junior team members.
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies autonomously and build on your core knowledge base.
- Ability to identify issues, support and provide real time solutions for them.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to logically analyze and creatively solve complex issues independently.
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards, technologies, methodologies and best practices.
- Exposure to scrum/agile practices preferred.
- Work collaboratively on creative solutions with engineers in a team setting.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, matching 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups