At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
**No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!**
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
As a Senior Software Engineer, develop integrated solutions, modernize, consolidate and coordinate independently-designed applications to meet business needs. Partnering with Architecture and in keeping with development standard methodologies, analyze business/functional specifications to deliver quality applications/systems while minimizing cost and optimizing maintainability.
In converting high-level architectural design into detailed application design, provide estimates, evaluate software, make buy vs. build recommendations, and establish development environments.
Above all, you are a strategic problem solver; take ownership of issues, moving between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence to motivate and bring out the best in those around you.
Campus Event & Experiences is growing in the need for technical development and support with new vendors and technologies being driven by our Multiple Campuses in Milwaukee, Franklin, and New York.
Essential Skills for Senior Software Strategy Engineering Role:
The primary abilities: (note: if you don't have all of these skills, you must have the desire to learn these tools).
- Cloud and DevOps experiences – AWS (RDS, S3, Lambda, CloudFront, EC2), REST APIs, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, Packer, CICD
- Build and Testing tools – Gradle/Maven, Junit/Jest, Kevlar/Cucumber
- Repositories – Git, Gitlab/Github, Nexus/Artifactory,
- Strong understanding and experience in Databases, Data movement and SQL (Python, Informatica, MSSQL server or similar ETL tool)
- Application Servers – Tomcat, Apache, IIS, Express
- An agile approach and work with Safe Principles, Scrum and tools like JIRA is required. Support would also include vendor packages in this area.
- Any knowledge with networking (system process/integration) or PC/LAN knowledge is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 4-5 minimum years of professional experience required
- At least 3-5+ year experience with specific technical requirements/platforms (i.e. Java, Spring Framework, Node.js or similar Java Script Framework, Python)
- At least 3-5+ year experience with cloud and DevOps technologies (AWS, REST APIs, Containerization, CICD)
- Strong understanding and experience in Relational Database technologies and SQL
- Ability to Debug/Fix applications and infrastructure
- Strong technical skills
- Understanding of your business domain
- Willingness to mentor new team members
- Ability to communicate clearly to the business
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups