At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Our SDLC ("Software Development Life Cycle") team is growing and looking for an expert Senior Engineer to help achieve the objectives of this team!
The SDLC team is facilitating a smoother approach to building, operating, deploying, and maintaining applications. We’re focused on the needs of the engineer and their developer experience. We will use existing foundational work wherever possible and tie together tools, initiatives, and teams across the enterprise.
The SDLC group has three workstreams – Process, Build, and Adoption. This role is a part of the build group where our goals are:
- Solve common engineering problems across the company.
- Automate away engineering toil, reducing manual processes and governance.
- Drive efficiency through standardizing the way we engineer, the tools we use, and through automation.
- Develop a community and culture of engineering excellence.
What you’ll get to do:
- Connect with teams to identify common problems and create solutions.
- Create and maintain Innersource libraries, packages, and common services that can be used across our various organizations.
- Build automation that allows us to transform our code base and processes at scale.
- Provide feedback and guidance for common solutions by connecting engineering and non-technical partners.
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Deep understanding of CI/CD principles and develops standard methodologies
- Experience working with front end technologies and front-end frameworks
- Foundation knowledge of AWS services and patterns
- Passion for operational precision, problem solving, and ownership in accomplishing results.
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups