At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Our SDLC ("Software Development Life Cycle") team is growing and looking for an expert Senior Engineer with a Java background.
The SDLC team is facilitating a smoother approach to building, operating, deploying, and maintaining applications at Northwestern Mutual. We’re focused on the needs of the engineer and their developer experience. We will use existing foundational work wherever possible and tie together tools, initiatives, and teams across the enterprise.
What you’ll get to do:
- Create and maintain our Golden Path templates/applications that our engineers use to rapidly spin up new projects
- Connect with development teams to identify common problems and pain points that our team can solve across the company.
- Create and maintain InnerSource libraries and common services that our engineers will leverage in their work.
- Build automation that allows us to transform our code base and processes at scale.
- Provide feedback and guidance for common solutions by connecting engineering and non-technical partners.
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience working in software development with one or more of the following languages:
- Java (preferred)
- Deep understanding of CI/CD principles and develops standard methodologies
- Experience developing and maintaining Java based microservices
- Foundation knowledge of AWS services and patterns
- Passion for operational precision, problem solving, and ownership in accomplishing results.
- Nice to have: experience with open source / inner source
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We a re an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, Ne w York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Please note: Any wages or wage ranges listed directly on a specific job requisition or posting will supersede corresponding wage ranges listed within Pay Transparency Guide linked above.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups