At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Are you passionate about supporting technology development team success by serving as a leader to help teams reach their full potential? Interested in becoming a member of a team that is dedicated to developing technology and data flows that support the recruiting, contracting, and licensing processes for Financial Representatives at Northwestern Mutual. Our technology and data flows are the foundation of all field data helping to drive decision making across the organization.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work with our cross-functional team and join our world-class community of talented experts. You are in constant communication with the Product team to ensure quality of design and delivery. You have at least 5-10 years of experience developing technology systems and platforms, utilizing agile and iterative strategies. You have a solid understanding of engineering best practices, including OOP and functional strategies, as well as familiarity with scaling DevOps and engineering initiatives. You want to take a leading role in driving the strategic direction and implementation of our next generation platform.
- You engage with our business partners to understand workflows needs and transform those requirements into an implemented automated business process
- Analyze, design, and develop react micro frontend applications for the enterprise
- Design, build & maintain BPMN workflows, BPMN tasks, events, gateway, container, work with workflow APIs
- Integrate with other internal applications using native integration components and custom plug-ins
- Participate in team meetings and user meetings to support various program tasks including design review, technical roadmap, production management etc.
- Provide technical leadership and coach and mentor lower-level developers while ensuring that all testing and review activity is properly carried out
- Make platform recommendations and design technical solutions to help achieve our strategic objectives.
- Support QA testing efforts and assist colleagues in troubleshooting production problems
- Contribute towards developing solution guidelines, standards, and best practices
- 6 to 8 years professional development experience in Java
- Experience writing Spring based Java applications in containerized environments using Docker
- Experience with REST / SOAP services and clients.
- Experience developing cloud-based applications and microservices.
- Experience with Git for source code management.
- AWS experience with platform services
- Advocate of test-driven development, with experience using unit testing frameworks and automation tools
- Familiarity with DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Ansible/Terraform)
- Experience with BPM or Workflow-based system such as Flowable is plus.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools is plus.
- Competitive base salary
- Performance-based incentive pay opportunity
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance, survivor, and disability protection
- Pension plan
- Flexible paid time off, and paid volunteer time
- Career development resources and training
- Educational assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Adoption assistance
- Parental leave program
- On-site medical centers (Wisconsin campuses)
- On-site fitness centers open 24/7 (Wisconsin campuses)
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups