At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
To support our growing Client Website platform, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that is willing to seek a wide range of problems, have an ability to learn, and have the patience and persistence to see solutions through to the end.
You will work closely with our application engineering teams on a wide range of topics such as Infrastructure on AWS, CI/CD, Automation, Architecture and Debugging. Your work will influence and contribute to building the application that our clients need for a better financial future.
Bring your Best! What this role needs:
Fast learner and self-starter. The people you will work with are exceptionally kind and very willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you have to be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal direction, yet actively interact with other team members in person or over the internet (chat, video conference, email).
- Work collaboratively on creative solutions with engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Bring new ideas and new ways of solving problems to the team.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of professional experience
- History of problem solving, learning, and deploying solutions
- Experience with Architecture Patterns and Engineering
- Familiarity with Development, DevOps, Automation, and Infrastructure
- Effective Communication: Easily explains concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Teamwork: Mentors fellow engineers and leads cross-team initiatives.
- Autonomy: Identifies problems and seeks solutions independently.
- Ownership: Takes pride in their craft and responsibility for issues that may arise.
What would make you stand out?
- Experience with Automation of Infrastructure (Terraform) and CI/CD Pipelines
- Familiarity with AWS (databases, storage, networking, CloudFront)
- Ability to Debug/Troubleshoot applications and infrastructure
- Understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Security Pattern and Practices
Why Northwestern Mutual?
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive professional training opportunities
- Excellent work/life balance
- Hackathons/Commitment to innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups