At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
This role is in the Field Career area of Career Distribution. Our area supports the systems and processes that enable our Financial Representatives (FRs) to successfully sell our products. Our systems support applications that find and onboard quality talent and get them licensed to sell our products. Our systems also provide valuable field sales force data to applications throughout our company. This is an exciting area to be part of as we actively modernize to positively impact our applications and the day-to-day work lives of our FRs and FR candidates.
To complement this energetic team, we are looking for a candidate that is excited by and keeps up with modern service development and data transformation. The engineering role requires a strong sense of ownership, an agile mind set and strong skills to solve complex problems. As an engineer you will work with business partners, digital product partners and vendors to support the existing systems along with planning and delivering on business and technology transformation priorities.
Your Role will include:
- Developing existing systems which provides critical data to the enterprise.
- Building out new data environments in the cloud.
- Contribute technical expertise to future direction and modernization efforts.
- Translating business and technical requirements into solutions
- Monitoring and troubleshooting applications, services, and systems for performance and issues
- Design and build out solutions for systems via enterprise AWS platform.
- Providing technical leadership, mentorship, and documentation to other members of the team.
- Identifying, establishing, and sharing standards and best practices for team/department.
What are we looking for:
- Command of developing server-side applications with Java.
- 4+ years proven experience with Spring and Spring boot developing REST API endpoints
- Modern cloud environment experience. Preferable with AWS cloud platform, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of modern deployment and build tools and practices – CICD and DevOps
- Experience creating unit and integration tests using Java tools
- Strong Data Modeling and SQL background
- Experience with enterprise databases like Postgresql and/or MySQL.
- Working knowledge of data engineering practices
- Experience with repository tools such as Git for repo management
What would make you stand out (not required):
- Experience with messaging technologies like Kafka, SNS, and SQS
- Practice with GraphQL
- Knowledge of NodeJS and microservice development
- Working knowledge of AWS terraforming
- An understanding of Ansible
- Experience with batch and near real-time data integration
- Prior practice working on Agile team
- Experience with enterprise databases like DB2 and Sybase
- Experience with Oracle Siebel CRM
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Please note that this is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups