At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
We’re looking for an experienced full stack engineer to help design and deliver an enterprise account servicing platform to our Financial Representatives and Home Office business partners. In this role, you have the potential to bring immediate value to our clients by building systems that aggregate and deliver accurate product information to our users enabling them to service their clients with confidence. You will be immersed in the vast breadth of legacy and modern tools and technologies to get the job done, such as AWS Cloud infrastructure and platform services, data visualizations, NodeJS micro-services, Front-end web development, and a robust CI/CD pipeline. As a senior engineer, you will work in an agile and innovative environment, solving complex problems and collaborating with architects and designers to deliver the platform.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Ability to analyze, design, develop, and deploy web apps and micro services hosted within AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
- Experience building robust and easy to consume RESTful APIs.
- Self-motivated and driven. A teammate that effectively works well with other engineers, product owners, and non-technical roles.
- 5+ years of development experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
What you’ll get to do:
- Build day-to-day like a start-up - incrementally and iteratively - but with the security and resources of an enterprise budget.
- Release to production early and often - you won’t be working on a product for a year before it sees the light of day; we believe in MVPs.
- Work with a fun-loving team who values your input and your individuality.
- Using a modern tech stack, deliver a high value enterprise account servicing platform used by more than 20K users across the field and home office.
Further impress us with:
- AWS experience with platform services
- Strong front-end tool belt (such as, React/Redux, TypeScript ES6, Webpack, SaaS)
- Advocate of test driven development, with experience using unit testing frameworks such as Jest
- Experience designing and implementing product admin systems
- Familiarity with DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Ansible/Terraform)
- Knowledge of engineering best standards; including analyzing, designing, developing, deploying and supporting software solutions and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Insurance and Investment account domain (Life Insurance products, Annuities, Long Term Care, Disability Insurance, Investments)
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, matching 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Commitment to Innovation
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups