At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Do you enjoy influencing product development by learning and working alongside top performing individuals?
We are looking for a software engineer with an innovative mentality! You may be a fit for this role if you are open to creating and implementing intelligent document processing services in a collaborative environment with a team that is always open to hearing about new approaches. This is a great opportunity for an expert software engineer to work with a team of dedicated developers and product leaders to define architectural patterns and create a roadmap to advance key business initiatives.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Applies engineering best practices in order to analyze and develop software solutions.
- Code innovative solutions which solve our customers' most complex data problems.
- Develops software using established development and continuous integration practices.
- Design and establish standard monitoring and automation processes.
- Conducts code evaluations and design reviews.
- Participates in setting team standards and best practices.
- Ability to effectively connect and communicate with local and global partners.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of software engineering with experience working on programmatic and machine learning use cases
- Passionate about understanding, building and scaling as a front-line advisory service for our customers
- Strong ability to articulate technically complex subjects to audiences of any technical level
- Familiarity using continuous integration and deployment concepts
- Familiarity with public cloud and associated technologies like AWS.
- Experience in mentoring and developing new team members
- Adhering to standard documentation practices
- Must have previous experience working in a technical agile development team(Jira, etc)
- Vendor management & system administration experience preferred
We are looking for an individual that has extensive experience in Data management, Java & Python Development, Kubernetes and GitLab.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups