At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
We seek talented software engineers with a desire to build Northwestern Mutual’s future through modern software applications. We are seeking a senior engineer proficiently skilled in a variety of modern full stack technologies to assist or lead in design and implementation of the application and services.
Responsibilities of this Role:
Analyze business requirements, design, development, test and deploy solutions and functional changes primarily in the Policy Loan domain.
Including requirements gathering and analysis from product and business partners, data and functional analysis and implementation, and maintaining code quality metrics, with an additional focus on delivering consistent, standardized documentation across the team.
Also Including technical leadership and mentoring across a team of engineers, driving development standards to ensure solution resilience throughout the software development lifecycle.
Skills and Requirements:
- A minimum of seven years of professional client-server application and web development experience is required
- Strong Node/JS skills (3+ years’ experience), React experience a plus
- Strong Java skills (5+ years’ experience), Strong understanding of Java 8 or later required
- Strong Dev Ops skills, specifically with the AWS tech stack and GitLab CI
- Strong Git repositories skills, e. g. GitLab, GitHub
- Strong Agile methodology skills (3+ years' experience) using Jira
- Strong understanding of RESTful protocols, design, implementation, and testing
- Strong understanding and experience in DB technologies; SQL and no-SQL, e. g. MongoDB
- Strong understanding of security and compliance principles and implementations
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and receive and provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical and non-technical staff
- Passionate about creating and maintaining high-quality architecture, configuration and code, and deployment processes.
- Experience planning and estimating product development and delivery timelines
- Experience working with clients and end users; and the drive to put their needs first.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups