At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The Enterprise Reliability team is looking for a knowledgeable software engineer with deep knowledge in (python or java) that can full-fill the following:
What will you be doing!
- Partnering with other enterprise teams on emerging technology stacks.
- Teaming closely with others in the latest observability technologies.
- Ability to continuously improve patterns and workflow.
- Align observability initiatives to business priorities for the next 6 to 12 months out.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of professional IT experience
- 4 years experience in at least one OS/hosting platform (AWS, Kube)
- Possess creative problem solving skills
- Proactively learn emerging platforms and related technology
- Proven track record to provide thought leadership throughout the department
- Expertise in guiding others to tackle technical issues
- Experience with Agile methodologies/DevOps environment
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups