At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What’s the role?
This position is on the Flex Force team, a new team that equips the Technology organization with a rapid response capability, by utilizing skilled technology professionals that can be rapidly deployed to accelerate IT solutioning on high priority business needs. Speed and simplicity is top of mind. Minimal bureaucracy and maximum value, where value = outcome delivery and speed is our mantra. A spirit of test, learn and iterate is rooted into the DNA of the FF team.
- Demonstrates technical leadership to team.
- Establishes, aggregates, and shares team standards and best practices within department.
- Utilizes working relationships across teams within their division.
- Assesses and provides solutions to system-wide architectural problems.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Proven business and technical communication skills; ability to communicate in both business and technical terminology based on the situation and the audience
- 5+ years of experience working with modern or legacy engineering tools, languages and practices
- Proven critical thinking, ownership mentality and continuous learning
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Experience developing solutions using agile methods
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence, and mentor others
- Deep expertise in one or more technical platforms
- Capable of partnering with product, engineering, and the business
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and strong customer / client orientation
- Partners well with others; proven ability to foster collaboration among team members and across teams
- Balances priorities and excels in time management to meet objectives
- Ability to perform peer reviews on code and design
- Strong understanding of design patterns and architecture
- Passionate about leading automation efforts
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups