At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
This Senior Software Engineer (Automation QA) will collaborate with a larger team of engineers and product managers to develop test plans, collect data to make well informed decisions.
In this role, the candidate is expected to work independently with little supervision, to have excellent organization and problem-solving skills, and to have hands-on experience in quality assurance and agile methodologies. Perform other duties as assigned .
Skill sets desired:
- Lead/own QA effort for applications/projects, certifying and signing off code releases.
- Liaise with the business/developers/BAs at concept stage to determine testing strategy and coverage
- Actively implement Test Automation where possible and ensure that it is up to a certain standard,
- Develop an automation roadmap and help initiate the right framework and maintain the existing automation suite.
- Develop, modify, and execute automated scripts and programs for testing, primarily focused on Automated functional and regression testing.
- Design and execute test scripts, analyze output and record results
- Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software
- Debug software applications through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for applications.
- Identify defects/anomalies and investigate their cause; document and track these defects.
- Understand, maintain and improve the existing test process
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- 4+ years' experience in test automation techniques for complex interdependent programs/projects.
- Experience in SQLs and databases to understand data integration designs and validate testing of data flows. Capable of tuning complex SQL statements to improve performance.
- Familiarity with test engineering tools such as JUnit, Selenium Webdriver, Enterprise Test automation framework, Unix Shell scripting, JIRA, GIT, and SQL.
- Experience with Robot Framework, Cucumber, BDD, TestNG testing frameworks.
- Able to test back end API's (SOAP and REST) and front-end UI applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CI/CD tools to integrate the Automation scripts.
- Possess experience in Test Planning, execution, tracking tool.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment methodologies.
Nice to haves:
- Data Modeling experience
- Experience reading and writing code in any language
- Experience in technologies such as, Informatica, Linux/Unix, Kubernetes ecosystem
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of experience
- Fast learner and self-starter. Need person with a can-do attitude and desire to learn new things
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to multiple levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels throughout the enterprise
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with limited set of requirements
- Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action
- Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency
- Creativity to come up with new ideas and patterns
- Capable of mentoring other team members
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups