At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The Information Risk Management team is creating capabilities through technology that enable a streamlined and intuitive risk management program at Northwestern Mutual.
We are seeking a Sr Scrum Master who will supervise the agile delivery of the technology solutions that will optimize the way we assess and monitor risk of our technology assets. Work with a dedicated team of engineers, product owners/managers, and cybersecurity, compliance, and privacy experts to deliver solutions that achieve strategic company goals and provide an outstanding risk management experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Gets team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate mentor and development techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skills, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Resolves team impediments with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
- Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Acts as a leader who coaches and supports Agile teams and meaningful department/corporate initiatives
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of project development experience on an Agile Team or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
- Knowledge of multiple agile methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Lean/Kanban), software development life cycle models, and project management principles and practices
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
- Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
- Proven experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of an organization and an understanding of facilitation techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of JIRA and JIRA Align or similar work management tools
- Experience working in the Insurance, Financial Services, or other heavily regulated industries is helpful
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups