At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: (List in order of importance)
- Designs and performs data extraction, assessment, translation, transformation, and load (ETL) processes on cyber risk data sources
- In charge of building cyber risk data equity, it’s underlying code, tools, databases, and related infrastructure
- Administers and maintains existing data engineering pipelines to their full extent of engineering needs
- Translates strategic cyber risk needs into engineering goals and benchmarks
- Analyzes cyber risk data needs and identifies available internal and external sources.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Databricks, MS Azure, Google Analytics is a plus.
- Utilizes business and analytical data modeling skills to craft data integration and structure approaches.
- Utilizes programming skills to access and extract data from diverse sources residing on multiple platforms and implement large, sophisticated data models by combining, synthesizing and structuring data from databases, files and spreadsheets.
- Assures data consistency and reliability. Performs quality checks, contributes to metadata and data dictionaries, documents repeatable extract, transform and load processes.
- Provides mentorship and guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- Validated experience in data engineering
- Data systems architecture experience, crafting larger scale data engineering solutions, break down to smaller goals, prioritization
- Experience with relational data engineering eco systems (preferably sophisticated disbursed data)
- Code/ETL knowledge in SQL and one or more of the following: Informatica, python, scala, java, Bash, SnapLogic
- Analytics understanding is a must, past experience a plus
- Proven track record of working independently
- Can execute alone but is an awesome phenomenal teammate
- Experience with Agile methodologies/Dev Ops environment.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- Database administration experience
- Financial Services industry background
- Cloud experience a strong plus
- Project management experience (ability to work a project from conception to delivery)
- One or more risk or security certifications (e.g. CISSP, CRISC, CISA, CISM, CCSP, FAIR).
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, matching 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Grow your career with an outstanding company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups