At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
The Senior Research Analyst is responsible for performing initial due diligence and providing recommendations of third-party asset managers following Mason Street Advisors investment research process. This includes the qualitative review of the manager’s team, investment process, and parent company, and the quantitative analysis of performance characteristics, risk and factor attribution, as well as style consistency and adherence to the stated investment process. The due diligence process may include on-site visits of managers and attendance at industry conferences.
How you will do it:
- Portfolio management responsibilities will include overall portfolio construction for the multi-manager sub-advised funds and implementation within NMWMC home office, multi-asset class, and discretionary models. Managing overall risk and factor exposures of model portfolios and understanding how individual manager selection decisions impact overall model performance.
- Day-to-day responsibilities will also include management of fund cash flows, monitoring manager weights, relationship management with sub-advisers, fund compliance, operations, and legal teams.
- Provide ongoing performance monitoring and attribution for selected managers within MSA's sub-advised funds, which includes analysis, interpretation, and reporting of performance and any notable issues.
- Consulting on overall investment strategy for MSA sub-advised funds and NMWMC model portfolios.
- Participate in Network Office calls and meetings with Wealth Management Advisors and staff on topics related to MSA subadvisors and home office model portfolios, including performance, strategy and positioning.
- Provide field and client-facing investment research commentaries and content including; written research reports, investment manager write-ups, portfolio attribution summaries, market and economic commentaries
- Consult with financial advisors and/or internal partners as needed to provide insight and perspective on managers. This may also include participation in various ad hoc projects, in addition to developing informative pieces and giving presentations to the field regarding home office model solutions, portfolio construction process and methodology, portfolio performance, and market updates.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of materials for NMWMC and MSA Investment Committees as well as Fund Board of Directors.
- MBA or Bachelor’s degree w/CFA designation
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in the investment industry.
- Background researching and recommending third party managers, mutual funds, ETFs, or separate accounts for use within a portfolio.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, as well as with financial advisors. This includes writing reports, memos, communications, as well as giving presentations to audiences of varying sizes.
- Broad knowledge of markets, investments, economics, accounting, and financial tools, such as Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, FactSet, Envestnet and Excel.
- Strong working knowledge of current trends within retail investment industry.
- CAIA designation
- Proven ablity to consistently make sound investment strategy recommendations
- The ability to persuade in written communications.
- Experience giving presentations in large and small group settings
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups