At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Acts as an extension of the Actuarial Department by ensuring that the actuarial design and pricing of the company’s risk products is accurately reflected in the policy/contract values produced by systems throughout the company. Serves as a subject matter expert on risk product features and calculations for various business and system areas throughout the company.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop policy/contract value calculation specifications for various systems throughout the company.
- Identify and resolve policy/contract value calculation defects in various systems throughout the company.
- Participate in the requirements gathering/documentation process for the company’s risk products and the various systems that support these products.
- Provide consultative support to a variety of business and system areas throughout the company on issues related to risk product features and calculations.
- Support ad-hoc requests for policy/contract value calculations from various business areas throughout the company.
- Participate in ongoing scheduled activities to ensure that policies/contracts continue to produce correct values over time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, MIS, Business or related field, to include upper-level mathematics coursework.
- Ability to program complex actuarial formulas in Excel. (Knowledge of macros and/or VBA is helpful, but not required.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to explain and document complex, technical calculations in a way that can be understood by multiple business and systems personnel.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with members of their team, with other teams in the Actuarial Department and with other teams throughout the company and at various job levels.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant job experience.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups