At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
Northwestern Mutual (NM) is looking for a versatile marketer that is passionate about helping people succeed in achieving their financial goals while being a key contributor to deliver marketing strategies that position, package and promote NM products and services to increase awareness, drive consideration and ultimately help our exclusive distribution system of financial professionals sell. As part of the Product Marketing team, this role will partner with the business and the rest of Marketing to develop, drive and implement integrated, cross-channel, client centric marketing strategies for products and services, while aligning with business priorities and driving measurable results.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: (List in order of importance)
- Influence Business Partners: act as marketing expert and representative within the business to ensure client perspective is being considered, evaluated and completed appropriately. In addition, act as the connection point to the business for all of Marketing.
- Marketing Strategy: develop marketing strategies that align with business priorities and marketing objectives to improve sales and position NM products and services as differentiated ultimately increasing consumer consideration and client loyalty.
- Cross-Functional Team Alignment: leverage departmental relationships with Brand, Creative, Corporate Communications and Client Marketing, in addition to Sales and Product teams, to ensure consistent, relevant, and compelling positioning/messaging of NM products and services.
- Program Leadership: independently lead concurrent programs and projects, completing components such as defining business requirements, project scope, success criteria, risks, design/development, communication, and implementation plans.
- Project Management: provide project leadership, including plan development, timeline and budget management, creative development, implementation, and analysis.
- Brand Management: ensure consumer-facing communications consistently represent NM’s brand look, feel, voice, personality and promise while delivering the intended prospect/client experience.
- Marketing Material Strategy: develop strategies for marketing material creation that support our exclusive sales distribution channel’s sales of NM products and services and support growth of their financial security practices.
- Consumer/Field Research: partner with the Consumer Insights teams to understand client and field partner needs and struggles, analyze insights to determine root cause, and develop solutions to address challenges, resulting in improved business outcomes.
- Process Management/Improvement—consistently identify process improvement opportunities as ways to enable the business and teams to operate more efficiently.
REQUIREMENTS: Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing/communications, business, or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of proven experience in a professional marketing or communications setting; corporate, agency or financial services industry.
- Organization Skills: demonstrated superior ability to manage multiple complex projects and deadlines in fast-paced, team and independent environments.
- Critical Thinking: demonstrated skills in problem-solving, listening, planning, and thought leadership.
- Leadership: ability to negotiate, influence, and build credibility and strong partnerships in matrixed organization across business functions and levels.
- Business Communication Skills: excellent written and verbal communication skills for internal collaboration and development of consumer/client communications.
- Analytical Skills: results-driven focus with ability to use data intelligence to influence decisions and refine strategies.
- Creative Management: proven ability to successfully engage and guide creative teams (may include writers, external consultants, etc.) to plan, conceive, develop, and implement marketing communications initiatives.
- Customer-Focus/Client Centric: able to generate strong excitement with new and unique project ideas and programs that keep the client as center focus.
- Adaptability: thrives in an environment of ambiguity, innovation, and ongoing change.
- Curiosity/Experimentation: highly developed desire to monitor the constantly evolving marketing and financial industry landscape to incorporate the latest applicable trends and technologies. Try something new, fail, try again!
Knowledge and experience in financial services industry, specifically insurance products is preferred. NMIS Requirement: N/A
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups